Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 22

This week baby is between seven and ten inches long and she weighs about one pound! I still cannot feel her move all that much, but I think I'm starting to feel her more. Maybe I'm just accustomed to feeling strange feelings inside of me that I'm not noticing this little baby. Hmmm. Everyone keeps saying that I'll start feeling her more as she gets bigger.

We got a second ultrasound yesterday because with the last one they did not get a good enough picture of her heart or of her spine. This time they got all the pictures they needed and the woman kept using the word "perfect" to describe our baby. That made us feel very good! We were showed the list of all the things they look for and everything was labeled "normal". Momma and baby are healthy girls!

She was being super cute! When we first saw the view of her profile she had her hand in front of her face as if she was inspecting her hand.
At one point she lifted her foot by her face and opened her mouth to nibble on her toes. That was pretty awesome. She also crossed her feet at her ankles; she was lying down just like I was. The woman doing the ultrasound told us that she has very long fingers and toes, and that was one of the first things that my family said about me when I was born. Maybe she'll be long like me. We'll see!

The next two pictures are of the same angle, but one is straight on and the other is from the side with the 3-dimensional view.
This one looks kind of creepy, but we know she's cute. I can't believe she's already so grown when I don't feel very different. This whole process is very odd to me.
I love this one. The woman kept trying to get a good 3D photo and this is the best she could get. She said the best 3D pictures they get when the woman is 32 weeks pregnant. But there's her little face!

Here's the growing belly in maternity jeans! I was oh-so excited to find jeans that fit me. I was skeptical to get the kind with the big belly flap like these, but I got them since they fit and it turns out they are super comfy. There is also a lot of room to grow into that big flap! I like that there is no real zipper so I can't ever forget to button my fly!
I have never had a belly this big; it is very strange.
Here we grow!
And last but not least for this post -- baby has a drawer full of stuff now! She got so much for Christmas this year, as I figured she would. We still have not started our room for her but this dresser will end up being hers. I cleared out a drawer for her and I didn't realize we had enough stuff already to fill it! This makes me very excited. :) She has a lot of cute "daddy" and "auntie" clothes so far.

2 comments:

  1. I thought MOMMY hates PINK..... good to see pink in the mix..............!
    I love your blog Brittany, i love seeing how happy you are and how healthy you and little one are.....You are already a awesome Mommy.....you are amazing! I love you and Chad and little one.
    Love
    Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete