Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Last week as my students were silently reading one of my girls called me over to her and whispered in my ear, "Are you pregnant?" I whispered back "yes" and nodded as I smiled and walked away. I heard her say under her breath, "I knew it!"

Later that day another student of mine asked me if I'm pregnant and I told her that yes I am and that Kati (pseudonym) asked me the same thing earlier. She said, "well, I was the one who told Kati! And plus, you know how I know? Because when you first came here you had a flat stomach and now you have a little bump!" Then as the lesson went on she kept asking, "Can I please tell everyone the good news?" So I let her tell the others; the other girl in the group was super excited and cheery and the boys just sat there. Haha. Boys will be boys.

Today the same student rubbed my belly before I left (for the last time... very sad day).

The other intern, Joe, received a card from a very creative and silly boy that in a part, read, "you are the coolest college, university man ever!" Hahaha. I so miss kindergarten because of the all the funny things kids say... but now I realize that kids still say the darndest things even in fifth grade. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment