On Wednesday night during my sleep I could feel the baby get lower down. I was contracting all night long and it was making it difficult to sleep because 1) I was excited and wanted to feel the contractions, and 2) because they were adding so much pressure to my bladder and making me need to get up to pee very frequently. I felt a sudden jolt of back pain and I thought, "is this it?" Everyone keeps telling me, "Oh, you'll know..." so I ignored the feeling. I knew that if it was the actual start of labor that I would know, and since I was able to ignore it and it went away that meant that it was not labor. My body is definitely getting ready though.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Week 38
There has been quite a bit of action going on this week inside of me. I have been going on plenty of walks, have been eating pineapple and spicy foods, drinking a lot of red raspberry leaf tea, and doing the other things that supposedly help labor to come, and I have been feeling many exciting things happening.
On Wednesday night during my sleep I could feel the baby get lower down. I was contracting all night long and it was making it difficult to sleep because 1) I was excited and wanted to feel the contractions, and 2) because they were adding so much pressure to my bladder and making me need to get up to pee very frequently. I felt a sudden jolt of back pain and I thought, "is this it?" Everyone keeps telling me, "Oh, you'll know..." so I ignored the feeling. I knew that if it was the actual start of labor that I would know, and since I was able to ignore it and it went away that meant that it was not labor. My body is definitely getting ready though.
Then a couple of nights later I felt her drop yet again. This picture shows that now she's kind of starting to hang. When I walk and contract I feel like I need to hold her up. We'll see what the coming week brings!
On Wednesday night during my sleep I could feel the baby get lower down. I was contracting all night long and it was making it difficult to sleep because 1) I was excited and wanted to feel the contractions, and 2) because they were adding so much pressure to my bladder and making me need to get up to pee very frequently. I felt a sudden jolt of back pain and I thought, "is this it?" Everyone keeps telling me, "Oh, you'll know..." so I ignored the feeling. I knew that if it was the actual start of labor that I would know, and since I was able to ignore it and it went away that meant that it was not labor. My body is definitely getting ready though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok now THIS is one the most beautiful baby belly ever :) Very cool to see you getting excited for the arrival of your baby girl :) It reminds me of my time right before they were born & those are awesome memories. Congrats on the last few days. Being pregnant is one of the most special times in my life & I miss is sometimes. Soak it up :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Emberlee. You are so sweet and so full of positive comments.
ReplyDelete