Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 37

This week marked my final week EVER as a student teacher, and oh my was it a busy week. I got little to no sleep because I had so much planning to do for my last week with my kids. But I made it through and it feels wonderful!

Here's the belly.
On Tuesday in class my classmates totally surprised me and threw me a little baby shower celebration. It was so incredibly nice of them and I was not expecting it at all. During the break during our class I was talking to my professor and they were setting up the party behind me without me knowing. When they all shouted "Surprise!" I thought it must have been my professor's birthday and I felt bad for not knowing. Haha. They're so, so sweet to me!

They gave me gifts and goodies and so much!
Here are my lovely classmates. :)
On Friday, my last day, my kids and the teacher with whom I work told me I need to go see the principal (an attempt to get me out of the room) and when I walked back in there was pizza and soda, a beautiful cake and diaper cake, and little notes from my students. It was wonderful. The kids couldn't keep their cool all week so I know they had something planned but I wasn't sure what. The teacher I work with told me they were all so glad I left early on Tuesday because that's the day they made the diaper cake. The kids helped roll the diapers for it. This is the most immaculate diaper cake I've seen!
These roses are from the student of mine who gave me the most challenging behaviors. The day before my last day he told me, "you're the best teacher I've ever had" and then he gave me a dozen roses. Such a sweet boy.
On Friday night Chad played a show at Hell's Kitchen to celebrate Blake's birthday. I stayed out too late after a long week.

On Saturday Cheryl, Grandma Fran, Tiffany, Evelynn, and I went to go see the tulips in the Skagit Valley. It definitely was not the best weekend to go, as the weather was not great and most of the tulips were not yet in bloom. It was still a fun day.
Daffodil field on the side of the road.
A not super flattering picture of us... but I like showing updates of our bellies.
Oh, beautiful Spring!

Saturday night after the tulips I went to the Rainier's game with the boys and it was SO MUCH FUN! They drank A LOT of beer since it was free. The only bad part is that we were out really late again... and I was so dang tired by the end of all this.
Sunday was nice though because I had my last prenatal yoga class and I did not have any stress about what to plan to teach for the week since I was all done teaching at this point. Woo! Now I only need to finish up my classes, my crazy amounts of homework assignments, my Master's project, and my competency notebook (I guess that's still quite a lot...).

No comments:

Post a Comment