Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 16 - Prenatal Appointment Two

I just got back from my second appointment. Well, I guess I didn't really get "back" because that usually means home, and I am on campus, which honestly feels a lot like home. Tonight Chad's band is playing their biggest show yet and it's in SODO, so I decided that until I need to head down there I was just going to walk to campus and hop on a computer to pass time.

About the appointment; nothing really happened. I was weighed and I have officially gained 1.3 kilograms (which is a little over 2.5 pounds). My lovely midwife asked how things are going and my response was that they are generally good. I feel great other than that I cry about everything. Literally. This week I have been averaging once a day. Why does everything matter SO much?! She told me she thinks that's sweet. But anyway, she checked the size and location of my uterus and it's all good and normal, and I heard baby's heartbeat again. :)

That was basically it. I scheduled my 20-week appointment (the ultrasound!!!!) and then I had to go get some blood drawn. The lady at the blood place was a complete bitch. I asked her what she was drawing my blood for and she laughed at me, providing me with no further explanation. (We decided against tests of any kind but this was just for finding out my blood type and if I'm prone to infection, and whatnot.) She stuck the needle in my arm, took all of my blood, and then kicked me out. The whole time she was removing all my precious blood I could feel my heart beating in every part of my body. I got really warm and felt like I might faint. Then when she kicked me out I had to be on my way. Good thing I didn't pass out otherwise I'd have said some nasty words to that crazy blood woman! Now my arm hurts and I have a huge purple lump on the inside of my elbow. Grrr.

So there you have it. Baby's healthy and I'm healthy! And now I'm showing to the point where it's getting difficult to hide. Grow, baby, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment