Friday, November 5, 2010

Milestone: Starting to Show



Here I am at 14 1/2 weeks. Two days ago I woke up in the morning and I was showing! Usually right before bed I look kind of pregnant and that I blame wholly on the food I ate. For some reason lately almost everything I eat makes me look bloated, although I don't feel bloated (food baby?). Maybe this is my body's way of trying to stretch itself out to make some room? Haha, who knows. But on Wednesday morning I woke up and looked in the mirror and it looked kind of like I had bloat but that's not what it was... it was baby! On Thursday morning again it looked the same and this morning did again; so now I believe I am actually starting to show. My belly is hard and now it's getting tough to suck in. Holy crap, I'm pregnant!

Another pretty cool thing is that after we went in and heard the baby's heartbeat I wondered if I could feel it. When I lie flat on my back I can feel right where baby is, and the heartbeat has been getting a lot stronger lately; it's growing! At first I thought maybe I was feeling my heartbeat but when I feel my pulse and the baby's heartbeat at the same time they are clearly different hearts beating. It amazes me that right now I have two hearts beating inside of my body. Sometimes when I have had a rough day I like to lie down and hold my hand to my belly and feel baby's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment