Friday, January 7, 2011

Skinny Mama?

This segment was taken directly out of the amazing book, Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven. I highly recommend this book to every preggy out there, and I recommend the original Skinny Bitch and Bitch in the Kitch to all other women in the world. The bitches who wrote the book are going to be bluntly honest and tell you to become a vegan, and their information is all obtained from legitimate research. Awesome! Go ahead ladies, and learn the amazing truths about a well-balanced plant-based diet, and other wonderful things about healthy, natural living.

So I feel like a lard ass and my midwives, the people at WIC, my husband, and others have constantly been on my case about being too skinny. Blah, blah, blah. And now I'm gaining crazy amounts of weight... well not really, but it seems like it. I gained four pounds in a week and that was weird to see those numbers on the scale. Whatev though, I'm feeling great and eating super well. My energy levels have also risen lately, so that's awesome because I'm SUPER busy.

"It's totally understandable to be weirded out by all the changes occurring in your body. So knowing how all the weight gets distributed may make you feel a little better. It's actually kinda cool:

- Baby: 6-8 pounds
- Placenta: 1-2 pounds
- Fluids in maternal tissue: 2-4 pounds
- Uterus: 2 pounds
- Boobs: 1-2 pounds
- Blood volume: 3-4 pounds
- Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
- Fat and nutrient stores: 4-7 pounds

See? You're not a buffalo. You've got all sorts of extra blood and guts and fluids weighing you down, all of which are necessary. (Plus you get boobs!) So get over the weight gain."

Gotta love those bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment